Here are a few of the joy stealers (aka Pet Peeves) that I've come across in the past few days:
1. People that leave the store carts in the parking spot next to their car. Excuse me lady in your Lululemon work out clothes, looks like you are in shape enough to walk your cart the ten feet to the cart corral.
2. Dog Strollers. Better yet double dog strollers. Better yet dog carriers that look like a baby bjorn.
3. The lack of turn indicator lights used by southern California drivers.
4. Hair that is too long. If your hair is closer to your booty than your shoulder blades it's time for an overhaul.
5. Earbuds that fall out constantly while running.
6. A lethargic server at a restaurant.
7. Texting abbreviations used in emails.
8. Wet towels thrown on my side of the bed to "dry"
9. My Netflix dvd being too scratched to play properly.
10. Gum that gets hard after five seconds of chewing it.
Instead of being bogged down by the petty annoyances of joy stealers, I choose to focus on those things that bring me joy. Wouldn't it be great if the things that brought me joy were only things that were significant and truly worthwhile? But you will soon be given access to just how shallow I truly am.
My Joy List from the past few days:
1. Stephen Colbert singing FRIDAY
2. Buying new makeup
3. Singing a Brittany Spears song (and believing it sounded good) at Plush Karaoke Lounge while at a bridal shower.
4. Using the Hey Tell App
5. Passing another runner while out on the trail. (They may not know it, but we were racing)
6. Getting my girls their Easter Outfits
7. My grey skinny jeans
8. Getting mail that isn't a bill or a catalogue. Thanks Aunt Elaine for the pooping Chicken!
9. Meeting with an incredible group of people that are passionate about International Princess Project like I am and volunteering their time to make a difference.
10. Family Walks
What's on your joy list?